These facts about the dangers in laundry detergents will make you want to switch to a greener alternative.
- Skin irritation. Surfactants, the main agent that strips away oils in detergents, severely aggravate the skin and cause irritation. This is why many detergents say avoid skin contact or can cause itching.
- Endocrine Disrupters. Many of the toxic chemicals found in laundry detergents interfere with hormone balance which can negatively affect fertility in males and increase breast cancer risk in females.
- Manufactures are not obligated to include ingredients on the label. Look for “Caution”, “Warning”, or “Danger”. These words are a giveaway that there are potentially toxic chemicals in the product.
- Carcinogenic brighteners. Brighteners do not clean. The chemicals found in brighteners are made to leave a residue on the clothing to reflect light and make clothes appear brighter. Some chemicals used such as benzene, are known carcinogens.
- Killing our environment! Chemicals in detergents are rinsed down the drain, polluting our soil and waterways which is destroying biodiversity and attributing to toxin-producing algae which skills plants and sea creatures.
- Paying for water. Many detergents are liquid because they contain 60%-90% water. This is an unnecessary ingredient and significantly increases the carbon footprint from production to transportation.
- Not sustainable. Most liquid detergents come in plastic. Only 9% of plastic is recycled, much of the rest is polluting our oceans and harming our sea life.
Switch to our All-Natural Laundry Powder and finally feel good about washing your clothes.